The information that we collect can be shared by user-provided information on the use of online services and information derived from analytics.
We use the information to:
- Provide secure service and delivery
- Improve product recommendations and marketing
- Developing customer service and products.
The data controller of the processed personal data is:
Granite Devices (Business ID: FI26771487)
Sinitaival 6, O
For more information about privacy and personal data processing, please contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Granite Devices processes personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as well as any national legislation, regulations etc. applicable to the processing of personal data.
Personal data is any kind of information that directly or indirectly refers to an identified or identifiable person.
Your rights to privacy and integrity are important to us and we are therefore cautious with handling your personal data and thrive to limit the processing only to information that is required in order to perform our services to you
- Data provided by the users themselves:
- Identification and contact information such as name, address, e-mail address and phone number
- Passport data or equivalent information required by the customs when ordering goods or services without tax from outside Finland
- Payment information, including credit agreements and other billing information
- Shipping information, such as the selected delivery method and delivery address
- Data derived from the analytics and the use of services:
- Purchasing history, including ordered products and their price information
- Product reviews
- E-commerce usage and browsing information and terminal identifier information
- Product recommendation and other information and tags used for targeted content
- User activity and statistics in the wiki administrated by Granite Devices
- Information about your digital activities, such as browsing history, e-mail activity and physical presence through cookies and similar technologies
- Or any other information you may provide when using Granite Devices websites including, but not limited to, the wiki administrated by Granite Devices.
Issuing identification, contact and payment information is mandatory when purchasing Granite Devices online store. The main source of the data provided is the user.
Purpose Of Collecting And Processing Personal Data
Granite Devices will process your personal data for the legitimate interests of administration and customer service. Personal data will be used for
- Processing of orders, claims and returns
- Providing customer support and communication
- Marketing of goods and services
- Developing the online store
- Evaluating and developing our products and services
- For analysis and statistical purposes
The processing of your personal data may also be based on our legitimate interests to make us wiser about our consumers and to develop and evaluate our products and services as well as conducting statistics and analyses.
Recipients Of Personal Data
We may disclose some of the necessary information to third parties to ensure delivery and marketing. If necessary, we also provide information to the authorities. We will also always inform the customer of any request for information if it is permitted under the law.
We may share your personal data with third-party providers such as credit card companies and shipping and logistics companies and with our distributors in order to complete your orders and carry out shipment.
For the sole purpose of supporting our business third-party processors may process your information, but only to the extent necessary for us to conduct our business. We have procedures to ensure that these third party processors value your privacy.
We may also share your personal information with third parties that assist us with marketing towards you, for example, social networks. We will always ensure that such third parties only use the personal information to promote our goods and services in accordance with our instructions.
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA. When we do this, it will either be to a country that is deemed by the authorities to provide an adequate level of protection or subject to a written data processor agreement containing obligations for the disclosing and receiving party. The agreement will be based on the “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the European Commission or similar.
Protection and storage of personal data
Granite Devices uses third party servers located around the world. Your personal data is protected by both technical and organizational measures, including computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We urge you to always keep your password secret, to avoid any unauthorised access to your account at Granite Devices. We may inform you if we learn of any data breaches affecting your personal data.
Your Rights As A Data Subject
At any time you are entitled to recall any consent(s) you may have given with respect to our use of your personal data.
Furthermore, you have the right to access your personal data and to obtain information about how we process it. You may also modify the personal data if it is incorrect, and you may ask us to limit or cease the processing of your personal data or to delete it as well as object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for the purpose of direct marketing and profiling related to such direct marketing. You may also ask us to disclose the personal data in a machine-readable format.
To modify your subscriptions or to completely opt-out from receiving marketing communications, please let us know by emailing at email@example.com or click on the link in all of our newsletters to opt-out of that particular service. Due to e-mail production schedules, you may still receive any e-mails that are already in production.
You may at all times object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Our contact information is stated above in the “Contact details” -section. You may also file a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
Deleting Of Personal Data
The retention of your personal data depends on the purpose of the processing.
First of all, we will retain your personal data for as long as we are legally required to do so. For example, we are obliged to retain information relating to sales for a certain time period in order to comply with applicable bookkeeping regulation.
Personal data, which is not subject to a legal obligation will be retained for 24 months.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer’s hard drive containing information about which parts of our website you have visited. The term ‘cookies’ may also cover other technologies. Cookies are reliable files and they cannot execute program code, transmit a virus or be used to collect information about what you otherwise may use your computer for.
To collect web statistics, we cooperate with web statistic service providers. Cookies from these providers among other things allow us to see which pages are visited, where the traffic comes from etc. We use the information to measure and improve the user experience on our website and to follow up on sales and ad campaigns.
Additionally, we use partners that help us to keep track of user activities, profitability of online marketing and to deliver targeted online ads when you visit other websites. These services may use third-party cookies provided by our partners.
- Google (Google Tag Manager for script handling, Google Analytics for web statistics and Google Adwords for sales optimization)
- Meta (Facebook and Instagram for sales optimization)
- LinkedIn (Insight tag for web statistics and sales optimization)
- TikTok (Pixel for sales optimization)
- Snap (Pixel for sales optimization)
We are always happy to hear from you and welcome any questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please visit our contact page or write to us at the contact information mentioned in the “Contact details” section above.